Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Seasons.


~just a few thoughts from earlier this year… 
For everything, under the realm of heaven and earth, beneath the stars and sun, there is a season, and there is a time… 
Time is constant. Apart from the few times throughout the year when we bump our clocks up or back, or when we travel into a different “zone,” time remains the same. Three o’clock is the same today just as it will be the same tomorrow, the next day, and the day after that. 
Time is purposeful. Dates are set, invitations addressed, meetings scheduled, and watches set for certain times. There are reasons that only God the Father can reveal about the heavenly purpose of time. Babies are born, couples are married, people are killed. Time is never without a purpose. 
Seasons remain the same. Summer, followed by fall, becoming winter, which eventually turns to spring, bringing us back to summer. The same order. The same schedule. The same. Football season has its certain time, just as baseball, basketball, and soccer. Seasons, they stay the same. Leaves turn from green to yellow to orange. Rain becomes ice and snow. School lets out, then comes back in. Christmas presents are opened, then bathing suits and sun screen are bought. The cycle is effortless and consistent. No matter how long or hard we wish for a certain season to extend or be over with, we have no control. 
I believe that before we are born, God, our Father, has fashioned in red the seasons we will experience during our lifetime.  There is a time and purpose for each event and situation you experience. Nothing is coincidence. Your seasons are divinely “coincidented” by Him who loves you. Don’t limit yourself by doubting the importance, or relevance of the experiences you have. Don’t limit God by doubting the importance or relevance of the experiences you have. Nothing that you’ve been through happened by accident. I believe that even right now in this very second, you are securely placed within your season. 
Just like the four seasons we share throughout the year, divine seasons look, smell, and feel differently. Some bring happiness, followed by intoxicating joy, while others may lead you into a wilderness of self-doubt, and sadness. No matter the feeling, your Mighty God is with you every step of the way. He is in control of your season. No matter how hard or long we wish for our certain season to extend or be over with, we have no control. There have been times, and I know there will CONTINUE to be times where I feel like the only season I get the luxury to experience just rains regret, guilt and shame. This season thunders with disappointment. It strikes with depression. There are times when I’ve felt like it wont ever stop raining. There are so many times when I feel like I can’t hear over the thunder. When it feels like the wind not only took my breath, but my walk, as well. But, I think what is the worst of all is when we don’t recognize what season we’re in. Even better… when we don’t recognize we are in a season at all. 
When doubts filled my mind,
Your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.
Ps. 94:19
My soul aches when I think about how many times I haven’t realized the magnitude, or even the very existence of my season. There have been so many times that I’ve doubted the beauty within my suffering. SO many times in my life where I just thought it wouldn’t ever change-where I’ve thought it was my fault. That I am the cause of the feelings that I feel. But, praise HIS mighty Name that I am not to blame! My friends, we serve a loving God. One who is your Redeemer. The One who reveals. 
I believe that our Papa God does some of His best work when our seasons are revealed. I know He enjoys telling us good things-His word tells me so! The purpose of your season is never too complex, or unimportant for the God of Mercy & Wisdom to open up and reveal to you. You have been given the right to approach the God of the Heavens-the King who will forever reign-you have the authority to approach Him in BOLDNESS and CONFIDENCE. Ask Him. :) He enjoys telling secrets to His favored ones. 
Believe with me, resist the enemy, and say, “Whether it’s a time to rejoice, a time to wait, a time to enjoy, or a time to learn; there is power & purpose in MY season.” 
You experience seasons for GOOD reasons. 
Your God is a God of confidence. He doesn’t move by accident or chance. His purpose for your life is definite. His will is undeniably set. 
Be thankful for your seasons. Be patient while you learn. Be wise in your wilderness. Be ready to receive your purpose. Be loving to your God. 
HRC



No comments:

Post a Comment